Friday, January 21, 2011

And baby makes 3

Dave was working as a machinist working the 2nd shift. I was working at a card shop at the mall and we didn't seem to see each other much. Which is why I was so shocked when I found out that I was going to have a baby. Finally, I could have a family of my very own. I was so happy. I was also so sick. I threw up at every opportunity. Once we were going to look at houses with a real estate agent that Dave knew. I was in the back seat of his car. It was one of those big cars that sort of float down the road. Like a boat only with wheels. I could feel myself getting ready to blow. I tapped Dave on the shoulder and said quietly, "I m not feeling very well". "OK" he said, and kept talking to the agent. Again, I tapped him on the shoulder only a little harder and said "I REALLY don't feel well". At that point Dave told the agent that we should maybe find a bathroom. I am now in the backseat of this guys car and I am turning Green!!!!! I yelled "PULL OVER".
He did and I jumped out of the car and everything I had eaten for breakfast that morning ended up on some guys lawn while he stood there watching me with the hose in his hand not knowing what to say. As quickly as I had jumped out of the car, I jumped back in and we drove away. I felt bad about not cleaning up after myself, but I figured, hey, he had a hose.
After I got through the morning sickness phase of my pregnancy, It went pretty well. In fact it went so well that it didn't seem to ever want to end. I thought God must be playing a cruel joke on me and I am not really pregnant, just really fat. My due date came, and went. After one week of being late, I was getting upset, then two weeks late, I was getting desperate. Finally after three weeks of pleading with God to either let this baby be born or kill me, Little Ryan decided to make his way into the world. But not until after 14 hours of labor. You would think that after being in the oven for so long that Ryan would have weighed at least oh I don't know maybe 15 pounds.  Nope, he was a little guy. He weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 ozs. He was a whopping 19 in. long. Little man with a BIG attitude. He is still that way .
He is all grown up now with a wonderful wife and 2 beautiful boys. The boys are a lot like him.  Sweet revenge!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment