Monday, January 17, 2011

Speaking of Miracles...

I guess my dad actually paid attention to how I was feeling and how my life had been turned upside down because I had a friend who actually had a real horse (not a pretend horse like mine), and she was looking for someone to lease her to part time. When I mentioned this to my dad, he decided it may be a good thing for me. So we went down to the stables where my friend and her mom met us and I was introduced to "FROSTY". She was the most beautiful horse I had ever laid eyes on. She was part quarter horse and part apaloosa. She was grey with black spots on her rump.  I was in love. My dad agreed to pay for the lease and I was now on my way to at least in part, realizing my dreams.
Something else that I thought was really cool is that Frosty had a baby. A little filly named Boo-bay. She was a handful.
Remember, I had no real horse experience so I did things on Frosty that I would never do now. Things like riding her backwards, bareback. Sitting on her in her stall, with her baby trying to jump up and knock me off. Jumping her over barrels that were laying on their side. I was kicked, bitten, stepped on, and bucked off of that horse so many times I can't count, but it didn't matter to me. I loved her. Did I mention that she was so barn sour, that I couldn't ride her on the trail more than say 10 mins.  and trust me it was a fight. She would eventually bolt back to the stables and more than once leave me to pick myself up and dust off my pants and walk back only to find her happy as could be with her baby.
I really loved that horse.  I was happy to spend my every spare second with her.
 One day my dad decided he was tired of paying the lease and so he stopped and I could no longer ride my Frosty girl.   It broke my heart.
I was more determined than ever to someday own my own horse that no one could ever take away from me.  Unfortunately, life seemed to get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment