Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Good Bye High School, Hello ?????

High School was not great for me. I had a hard time concentrating and so I did only what I had to do to get out of there. What surprised me the most was I ended up with a B average when all was said and done. Go figure. I had thought about going to the local community college, but it never happened and I was so anxious to move out and be on my own that the thought of more school was not appealing to me at all.
The day after I turned 18, I moved out.  Finally, I am on my own....at my sisters house.  I told myself it's only temporary and besides, I had a boyfriend now and I could spend time with him and life was good.
Dave and I met at a BBQ. My Niece Peggy and her boyfriend invited me to tag along with them to this event and at first, I didn't want to go. I felt out of place. They convinced me it was fine and I would have a great time.
It was at a park. Someone brought a frisbee. We tossed it around for a bit, but I noticed that one guy kept throwing it at me. I think he actually hit me with it a few times. It was annoying. Peggy and I decided to play a game of chess. I was pretty sure he wouldn't throw any chess pieces at me and so I thought it was a safe game. I was wrong. He was throwing advise at me. "You don't want to move there" or "are you sure you want to do that?" "Do this instead". Again, annoying!!!.
The day ended and we all said our good byes.
A few days later, Peggy called me to say that the guy at the BBQ named Dave wanted to know about asking me out. Peggy said that her and her boyfriend would double with us if I said yes. I told her that he had to be the one to ask me, not her. So, she gave him my phone number.
Later that day I got a phone call from Dave and he said "Hi, so I guess we are going out".  I said " Are you asking me or telling me this?". I could almost feel the heat of his embarrassment over the phone as he tried to explain that Peggy had told him it was all set up.  I felt a little sorry for him, but mostly I was still annoyed.
Again, no long details, but after knowing Dave for a total of 3 mos. we got hitched.  This is not something I recommend to any of my children, or anybody else's children.

No comments:

Post a Comment